Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WALK WITH ME.


I am sitting in my hotel room, at the Doubletree Hotel in Denver North, after an hour workout, on the treadmill, at midnight, to help “regulate” my body from the affects of the medication I am on. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the way God is meeting my needs as well as how he is using me to speak to others. This is my favorite hotel, as I have experienced God meeting my needs in the most insignificant but powerful way. Last time I was here, I had a very bad cold, and, out of the blue, I found a grocery bag on my door with a cup of soup and other cold remedies. I never asked for these items, from the hotel, but the hotel shuttle driver overheard my “need” and responded. This trip, 2 bottles of water appeared, magically, in my room, both days. Water I did not order, or pay for, but was given to me to meet my need during my midnight runs on the treadmill. God is truly my portion. It is the little things that speak loudly to our hearts.

It is interesting how we first respond to potentially life changing news. We explore our faith, our relationships, and our finances, not necessarily in that order. My first reaction was to send out pink slips, right away. The first went to the house cleaner, the second to the trainer, the third to the newly hired aquarium cleaner. We couldn’t send a notice to our gardener, because Bob the Builder, Bob the Makeup Artist, is still Bob the Gardener! The night we arrived home, on the last day of our house cleaning, we realized how important she is to us. Not just because she leaves our house sparkling, but because she is a part of our “house.” We immediately withdrew the pink slip!

My second wake up call is to keep moving! The medication I am on is in preparation for surgery. It has amped me up to become a super-sonic chatter box. It also has some toxic affects on my system. After a 30 minute run on the treadmill, to fight back the “body attack,” I realized giving the trainer his pink slip was also a mistake! God reminded me I must continue to care for this body and not let it down! Walk, stretch, exercise, and drink your water! At work we have a group called Fit Together. We meet once a week, for 15 minutes. We have 2 teams, a list of healthy living items, and earn points for each item we accomplish each day. At the end of 6 weeks the losing team washes the winning team’s cars. God’s message to you, and me, is to put on your running shoes and start moving! Take care of your body, eat right, exercise, and stretch. WALK WITH ME ON THIS JOURNEY. If you want a copy of our “Fit Together” list, you can e-mail Dianne (DShapiro@squiresbelt.com) and she will be happy to forward you a copy of the spreadsheet.

God’s message to me, and to you, is that He will see all of us through whatever trials we face, no matter how large or how small. We merely need to trust Him. Are you facing the possibility of losing your job, your house, a marriage? Are you facing a physical scare? How will you handle these challenges? Will you be “self-reliant” or possibly let “The Lord himself... fight for you; you only have to keep still.” (Exodus 14:14). He will see all of you through these very difficult economic times. God will provide for you in a new, fresh and wonderful way, no matter what you are struggling with, no matter what you may have lost, no matter how large or small your trial is. You do not have to have a brain tumor to hear this message! His plan may not be the way we plan things, or in our timing, but there will always be a valuable lesson learned along the way. That is God’s grace, to meet you right where you are. “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” (Lam. 3:24)

I have embraced the song “All The World” by Point of Grace. (Yes, Jesus gave it to me on the treadmill!) This has become the song of my heart. It is my calling, my purpose and my strength. Enjoy the song. (lyrics below). This continues to be an amazing journey filled with hope, joy, and peace. Thank you so much for your many thoughts, prayers, and messages from God. I am amazed at how little time I spend being anxious about the future. It is all about today. Live “today.”

Still Dancing,

Laura

“All The World” 
by Point of Grace
All the world is a story, all the world is a stage, all the world is a canvas, all the world is apage. All the world is a horizon, all the world is a field of dreams, all the world is an open door way, all the world is a place for me, to be your voice, to be your touch, to give an answer, to show your love. To hold out hope, to offer peace, to shine you light for everyone to see in all the world. All the world is a someone, all the world is a band, all the world is a moment, all the world is a chance to be your voice, to be your touch, to give an answer, to show your love. To hold out hope, to offer peace, to shine your light for everyone to see, in all the world. You are amazing mercy, you are undying grace, I want the world to see how wonderful you are upon my face. To be your voice, to be your touch, to give an answer, to show your love, to hold out hope, to offer peace, to shine your light for everyone to see in all the world. Be your voice, be your touch, give an answer, show your love, hold out hope, offer peace, shine your light shine for all the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura, I can really relate to your"miracles" seemingly apearing out of the blue without solicitation. Since my first "view of the tunnel of white lights" in 1995, and every day thereafter I, too, have experienced God's love and each of my multitude of ailments has been either reduced in severity or outright cured. I pray every day for continued blessings and one I pray hardest for is for you to continue to receive God's blessings as you so obviously have been all along. Love, the "Father of the King of the Castle"