Saturday, November 29, 2008

GIVING THANKS!















































As we gathered around our Thanksgiving table, at San Elijo State Beach, Sean turned to me and said, "You pray." I hesitated, a moment, and then turned it back to him. Later, I knew I I needed to respond. Here is my prayer, for all of you, my circle of friends, family, and those I have not even met yet:

Father, God in Heaven, thank you so much for loving each one of us and providing for all of our needs. We all have experienced difficult times in our lives. We have all felt empty, lost, and alone. However, through each of these times, you have taught us, encouraged us, and loved us through them. Just as the rain poured out on us this week, off and on, you then opened the sky with your beautiful sun and filled out hearts, to over-flowing, with grace, joy, peace and love. Thank you for the food you provide and the hands we are holding. Amen!

As I opened my eyes, EVERYONE had a patch on their eye. I was so touched as it made me realize...

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I LOVE YOU JESUS!

God bless each of you with His love and joy.

Hugs,

Laura

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Laura,

Hey it's Brooke (McVay)! My mom sent me the link to your blog. You are such an amazing and strong woman. I feel so blessed to have met you so many years ago. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and I KNOW that God does amazing things and He is going to get you through this. Have a wonderful week! I miss you!