Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bob the Builder AKA Bob the Makeup Artist!

Bob learning how to properly apply.
Jamie the onlooker, cheering her dad on!
All the Squires Belt Beauties!
I am in good hands! 

Husbands, check it out! That is Bob, my husband, learning how to put on my make up. Bob has been a steadfast, caring spirit in my life. As you can imagine, this past week has been very difficult on him. Please pray that the Lord will help him to maintain his sense of humor and quick wit despite the pressures on his shoulders.

These are all the wonderful ladies at work that are teaching me to ask for help. They embraced me when I got the “call” and they have lifted me up daily.

You are all my messengers from God. Please keep listening as the Lord truly is speaking directly to me through you. For example, my small group of women, I meet with weekly, have been studying the word grace. I really have never been able to define it. This past week, I EXPERIENCED it in such a magnificent way that the need to define it has become very important to me. As we shared, April gave me the following verse:

Lamentations 3:21-26 (NIV): 
21 Yet this I call to mind 
 and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, 
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; 
 therefore I will wait for him."
25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, 
 to the one who seeks him;
26 it is good to wait quietly 
 for the salvation of the LORD.

The lord is my portion! That is it. That is truly grace. The Lord knows what I need and He is meeting my needs, every day, by providing me just what I need. This past week, through you, I was overflowing with grace.

Thank you for taking this journey with me. Despite the circumstances, I am full of hope, joy, and peace because this has been an opportunity to be “hugged by God” through so many of you.

Still dancing in La Mesa, California.

Laura

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

Hi Laura-

I am glad to hear Bob is doing a good job of helping to apply your make-up. It sounds like you are in good spirits.By the way, I like the following verse

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:7

-Kathy Fleming

The Devers said...

hi laura,

we are good friends with Melissa Lazaro, Brianne and Nancy Steiger too. just wanted you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. your sweet spirit is so uplifting and you are a witness to all you come in contact with. blessings to you and your family.

Rebecca (Dentt) Devers and family

Julie said...

Hi Laura,
It's Julie Vincent, long time no talk! Tim speaks to Roy now & then & I had a reason to call Roy myself yesterday about Anti-Hydro. It our conversation, I asked how you were doing and he updated me and told me about your blog. I've never blogged so hopefully this gets thru to you. In the past year I have become close to the Lord and I wanted to tell you that you and your family are in my prayers daily. He certainly knows how to put us thru trials to make us even stronger than we think we are and you're one of the strongest people I know. You remain upbeat and that doesn't surprise me with the Lord's spirit running deep within you. I love Exodus 14:14, The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. What a great verse that was shared with you. Please know that you will remain in my prayers daily and it's great that you are sharing your journey with everyone as we never know when we will be tested next.
Love & Prayers to you and your family...
Julie (&Tim):)

mommymimi said...

This is Bryan and I am posting under my wife's name. Sean is one of my most favorite people in the world. He and I were Kappa Sig's at Baylor and I have always thought the world of him. I always check the Team-Walker blog to get updates on he and Brianne and love getting to catch up with him when he comes through Waco.

After following their link to your blog it is so obvious now why Sean is such an amazing guy...he has incredible parents! Just reading your blog has inspired me. Know that we are praying for you all the way from Waco! God is so good!